What is on the mind of most high school students. The most likely answer to that question is college, especially with graduation slowly breaching the horizon. Questions of whether you should start with a degree or attend college there, generally run rampant as more and more decisions pile up. While college in itself is quite complex, some things are becoming much simpler for high school students; especially with the explosion in technology that has been deemed the iPad, and the broad spectrum of apps that have been developed because of this “explosion.” It should come as no surprise that there is an app niche geared towards the every-day high school student.
The freeDictionary.comapp delivers trusted reference content fromDictionary.comand Thesaurus.com, including nearly 1,000,000 words and definitions and 90,000 synonyms and antonyms. No Internet connection is needed. The app also features audio pronunciations, similarly spelled words andDictionary.com’spopular Word of the Day that is enjoyed by millions of people.
Accessing Wikipedia has never been faster and easier than withWikipanion, designed for easy, search, navigation and display of Wikipedia entries. Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date, and bookmarking that not only bookmarks individual entries, but individual sections within an entry.
Graphing Calculatorturns your phone or iPod into an intuitive high-resolution function plotter and scientific calculator. Features include the following:
- Includes a powerful, yet easy to use scientific calculator.
- Quickly plot and trace multiple equations on the same graph.
- Custom keyboard to speed up entering in equations.
- Pinch to zoom and drag/slide for scrolling the graph in real time.
- The graph view supports portrait and landscape modes.
- Take screen shots, and e-mail graphs to yourself.
- Evaluate your graphs at any x value using the calculator screen.
- Find the exact (x,y) coordinates for roots, intersections, minimums and maximums using the trace mode.
- Supports graphing polar and parametric equations.
- Currently supports the following functions: log, log2, log10, ln, exp, sin, cos, tan, asin, acos, atan, sinh, cosh, tanh, asinh, acosh, atanh, csc, sec, cot, gamma, lgamma, nCr, nPr, min, max, degrees to radians, radians to degrees, absolute value, square root, ceiling, floor, and mod.
myHomeworkis a simple and easy to use iPhone application that allows you to keep track of your homework, classes, projects and tests while interacting with a really cool design.myHomework’s design tends to resemble our day to day notebook, the sections are separated by colorful “sticky pads” that marks the page.
You can quickly enter your class schedule and use it to differ between homework assignments. myHomework will also notify you when you have late and upcoming assignments by numbering them on your application icon. Late assignments will be marked in red, next day upcoming assignments will be marked in orange, and all other upcoming assignments will be marked in blue. So you can easily identify which homework you definitely need to look into.
Like reading? Fire upBooksand download a few of our 23,469 classics, free of charge!
We take 23,469 classic books, package them up, and make them all available to download and read with our fully featured ereader.
Booksunlocks a menu of public domain content, allowing you to acquire some of the great books of human history. Letters of leaders, the collected works of geniuses, the finest Victorian novels, the plays of Shakespeare, the philosophy of Seneca and Marcus Aurelius, the autobiographies of Benjamin Franklin and Andrew Carnegie.
Explore the properties of the elements, the standard amino acids, and the nucleobases withThe Chemical Touch. A touch sensitive periodic table and chemical information companion, it provides a wealth of information right at your fingertips. Recolor the periodic table by selecting properties other than Atomic Mass to visually investigate periodic trends. Having exhausted the built-in information, the internet button opens the Wikipedia page for the selected element, amino acid, or nucleobase.
Mathematical Formulasis the perfect app for you who likes mathematics and easily forgets formulas which you need in certain situation. Without a good app, it's tough to remember all these complicated and easy forgettable formulas. You don't even want to write down all you formulas on ten or even 20 different post-it papers and loosing them all the time. But hey, why don't have them in ONE place and easily access them whenever you want to?
This app is especially made for this kind of a situations.Mathematical Formulascontains all the basic functions you'll need. You won't no more worry about forgetting the basic formulas such as the quadratic formula and etc.
History:Maps of Worldis a fun and educational collection of high-resolution historical maps.
Check it out to keep up with your history, learn something about history.
- Wide variety of historical displays
- Support for Category/Era view
- Keyword Search
- Displays the source about each map
- Zoom in/out (zoom-in/out with pinch, zoom-in with double tab, and zoom-out with two-fingers tap)
- Free screen rotation
- Not require a network connection
The complete CIAWorld Factbookat your fingertips, including extensive information on more than 250 countries and locations throughout the world. Whether you're an avid traveler, a busy student, or someone who just likes to stay informed, this is the app for you!
Not only does it translate English sentences into foreign languages – it
READS THEM BACK TO YOU IN THAT LANGUAGE!
iTranslateis a great way to:
- Study vocabulary the fun way.
- Have a list of important phrases on hand while you are on vacation.
- Communicate immediately with someone who normally couldn’t understand you.
- Up to 500 characters per translation.
- Unlimited number of phrases.
- Real dynamic text-to-speech translation, these are not prerecorded