March 29 & 30 I would love to say I'll be there but unfortunately I won't.
Game Based Learning 2010 takes place over two full days and includes an evening social event to make valuable connections in a relaxed environment. With a main conference programme running during these two days combined with breakout sessions for special interest groups there is something for everyone with an interest in using gaming and social media technology to improve learning, teaching and training.
GBL 2010 will explore successful deployments and evidence for both commercial off the shelf (COTS) as well as bespoke serious games in the areas of formal and informal education in schools and universities, healthcare, military, corporate training, banking together with workshops on game procurement and a dedicated strand featuring leading international research in Game Based Learning.
Confirmed speakers for GBL 2010 include:
- Ed Vaizey, Shadow Minister for Culture and the Creative Industries
- Siobhan Reddy, Executive Producer & Kareem Ettouney, Art Director, Media Molecule
- Matt Mason, Author, The Pirates Dilemma
- Alice Taylor, Commissioning Editor, Education, Channel 4
- Michael Acton Smith, CEO, Mind Candy
- Derek Robertson, Learning & Teaching Scotland
- Stephen Heppell, heppell.net
- Ewan McIntosh, CEO, NoTosh
- Jonathan Stewart, Consultant Surgeon, Director, Hollier Medical Simulation Centre
- Tim Rylands, Teacher & Innovator
- Tom Chatfield, Author, Fun Inc
- Major Roy Evans, Army, Ministry of Defence
- Dan Giove, Founder, DubSpot
- Sean Brennan, Managing Director, Bethesda Europe
Find out more here.